日時:平成15年10月21日 13:00 - 18:50 (回路，モデリング分野)、平成15年10月28日 13:00 - 17:50 (デバイス，プロセス分野)
- Development of Functional Silicon Nanodevices Operating with a Few Electronics and Photons
13:00 - 13:30
○Seiichi Miyazaki, Seiichiro Higashi, Hideki Murakami
Recent achievements on Si-quantum-dots (Si-QDs) floating gate MOS devices showing multi-valued memory operations at room temperature will be presented first. A possible mechanism for the multile-step charging at the floating gate consisting of Si dots as many as 6E11cm-2 will be discused based on the temperature dependent charge injections to the Si-QDs gate in nMOSFETs. In addition, for Si dots with Ge core, unique charging characteristics, in which electrons are retained on the Si clad while holes are stored in the Ge core, will be demonstrated from the surface potential changes detected with a AFM Kelvin probe technique. Finally, highly-photosensitive gate stack structures consisting of high-k dielectrics and doped Si-QDs floating gate will be proposed and also the feasibility of Si-QDs stacked structures for higher thermoelectric power will be discussed.
- Technical Meeting on quantum dots and stucked multi-dots formation process technologies for optically interactive MOS transistor applications.
13:30 - 14:00
○Seiichiro Higashi, Katsunori Makihara, Hideki Murakami, Seiichi Miyazaki
In order to realize optically interactive MOS transistor, process technologies that introduces stucked multi-dots into the gate insulator are investigated. It is aimed to form high-density and uniform quantum dots by controlling the nucleation sites using VHF remote plasma excited hydrogen radicals. The final goal is to establish successive vacuum process technologies that makes stucked multi-quantum dot stuck structure.
- Technical Meeting in structure and fabrication process of 3-dimensional CMOS transistor
14:00 - 14:30
○Kiyoshi Okuyama, Hideo Sunami
In this study, we do research and development in the multi-gate CMOS transistor which used 3-dimensional beam channel transistor as a fundamental device of the next generation.
休憩 14:30 - 14:40
Design of ultra-wide-band spread spectrum transmitter circuit
14:40 - 15:10
○P. K. Saha, N. Sasaki, T. Kikkawa
In order to develop wireless interconnect technology for ULSI using spread spectrum commutication, circuit design of ultra-wide-band spread spectrum transmitter circuit operating at 5GHZ is carried out. Simulation results of VCO, generation circuit of Gaussian monopulse, PN sequence generation circuit, frequency divider circuit, etc. are presented.
- Design of ultra-wide-band spread spectrum receiver circuit
15:10 - 15:40
○N. Sasaki, P. K. Saha, T. Kikkawa
- In order to develop wireless interconnect technology for ULSI using spread spectrum communication, circuit design of ultra-wide-band spread spectrum receiver circuit operating at 5GHZ is carried out. Simulation results of LNA circuit, mixer circuit, etc. are presented. 休憩 15:40 - 15:50
- 光配線集積回路の開発 〜リング光共振器の設計，試作と応用〜
15:50 - 16:20
○横山 新，和気 勝 (M2)，湧島 圭太 (B4)，田主 裕一朗
16:20 - 16:50
○田主 裕一朗，横山 新
- 3次元フォトニック結晶 (仮題)
16:50 - 17:20 ○中島 安理
- Metal gate and doping technologies for leading edge MOSFETs
17:20 - 17:50
We will present achievments of investigations on metal-gate workfunction tuning and shallow junction formation technologies. New approaches for related fields will be also proposed.